Thursday, June 28, 2012

Long Distance Relationship



                Heart problems seems to be one of the most bankable stories overseas. Blame it to long distance relationship. There is no single day that you won't hear any (exaggerated? ok make it weekly then). Sad thing is, it keeps repeating itself. Similar reasons, similar situations, similar events, similar scenarios and similar reactions. Not to mention almost similar approach...giving chances to the one who wronged them. For sure you will tell me chances are endless if you are in love but how many chances you should exhaust before you say it's over?
               As any different life changing events, we go through denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance (DABDA).
               Call it biased or feminism but this article is intended for women. i acknowledged that men goes through break-ups and grieving but I don't have enough data to speak for them. Besides, the reason I came up to this is because women tend to dwell on the denial stage for a very long time...a week maybe acceptable but months and years are different stories. The guy is already enjoying and you on the other hand is in the corner crying.No offense meant but you are blinded with your own tears. 
               I know I'm in no position to advise neither to talk about love but mind you, I have seen and heard a lot of people hurt by break-ups. For that, I want to share my ideas on WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE.
          1. Your instinct tells you so. Yeah, I know you're good in ignoring it. "I want to see it with my                    own two eyes....I want him to tell me personally...The girl is just a flirt...He cheated just once...blah blah blah. REASONS! Can't you see you're the one giving reasons for him!?
          2. Suddenly he gets busy.
          3. He is now keeping secrets from you. Remember the times when he informs you every move he makes? When you can still access his account? When he needs approval for a new friend? Now he has a new account and you're not on it.
          4. You texted a paragraph and he replied "k", "gtg", "gb", "lol"....no more details.
          5. Ignores you. Forgot important dates.
          6. I Love You is no longer the end of conversation.
          7. Out of the blue a friend asks you if you and him are ok. Believe me that friend knows something. Interrogate!
          8. He is doing things you hate him doing.
          9. Accusing you of having an affair. Unless you are?
          10. He is insinuating for break-ups. Have you heard of: "Give me some break. I just need a space. It's not you it's me. I want to find myself. If we are meant to be then love will find a way." enough with the drama.
               These are just few of the many signs or clues of a relationship falling apart. I know there's no such thing as a perfect relationship and you will even tell me, "it make us stronger." Okay, fine! Work it out. But always remember, once is enough, two is too much and three is a poison. Don't waste your time with the wrong person 'cause you're giving chance to the right person to go with the wrong person also.
               Learn how to let go or would I say walk away 'cause the other person has let go of you already. Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment