Monday, June 18, 2012





For you Father


Growing old, all I think is thyself
Unintentionally put you in a shelf
Made only "I" as my world
I forgot you're also growing old

As I look at you today with keen
Your facade can't disguise this life has been
Every line of your wrinkles seems to have story
Some to me is not a secret or mystery

For all the heartaches and fears I've witnessed
For a while it made your world ceased
Perhaps you thought I don't care
But loosing you is my fear

Without you I would not be this tough
Proud to say not from your callused hands
Instead toughened by values you've shared
Even the strongest man can't steal

 You don't need to be affectionate nor say 
To prove that you care and love me
Cause I know you're a man of few words
Your actions and unspoken words had said it all

By ranking you're not number one
For you are the only man
Grateful to be the daughter
Of a typical doting father

2 comments: